You don’t have to study a particular subject to join our course on the Language of Faith. But you do need intermediate-level German or above and want to learn much more. German native speakers are particularly welcome as helpers.
The Collegium apertum invites our international students to or course:
‘Faith as a Foreign Language‘
The informal seminar-style course explores the Language of Faith in German. It is offered by the Catholic and Protestant Chaplaincies – KHG and ESG – in consultation with the German as a Foreign Language Section at the University – Lehrgebiet DaF.
If you are interested
- to learn more about the Language of Faith
- and think more about faith and culture in Germany
visit us in the panta rhei cafe – located in room 1.28 on the first floor of the ‘Studentenhaus‘ immediately above the Pizzeria!
In the summer semester, we’ll be meeting every Wednesday from 30th April at 18.00 h for about an hour-and-a-half.
We‘ll be using:
- specially recorded dialogues on topics of language and faith
- extracts from Bible, Liturgy, Songs and Sermons drawn from several Christian traditions
We plan to:
- think through the meaning of key concepts
- have lively discussions on language and faith
- practice listening comprehension
Contact: Peter Burch!